The ROTD Domain Auction At Namescon Tops $5.5 Million In Bids
- The RightoftheDot.com domain name auction being held live/online on January 11, 2016 has now topped $5.5 Million in Pre-bidding on Namejet.com
In all there are 325 domain names with at least one bid and about 250 of those have more than one bid.
About 125 domain names will be in the live auction with the rest staying opened for bidding on Namejet.com until January 21st.
There are 12 domain names with a high bid in the 6 figures or higher.
43 domain names have a bid in the five figures or higher.
Moreover ... read more ...
1st Time? Frank Schilling Has 11 .Com's At No Reserve In The Namescon Auction
- Frank Schilling has 11 .Com domain names from his personal inventory up for auction at no reserve, at the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at NamesCon on January 11th.
Pre-bidding is open for these domain names at Namejet.
Over the years I’m not sure if Frank has ever put up any of his privately owned .Com domain names in auction with no reserve.
According to Estibot.com these 11 domain names have a retail value of over $200,000 and they are all at no reserve (minimum bid of $300 each).
Here ... read more ...
55 Three Letter .Com's From My Former Portfolio Sold & Buyer Is NOT From China
- I just noticed that 55 three-letter domain names (LLL.com) that I sold as part of my portfolio to Godaddy/Afternic, which was announced a week ago Monday, have already been sold off and the biggest surprise maybe the buyer was not from China.
Domain investor Nat Cohen’s Telepathy is now the owner of the following three-letter .com’s.
All appear to be the type of letter domain names favored by Chinese domain investors those without vowels or the letter “v”
Some repeaters are included.
The ... read more ...
DNPric.es Database Of Domain Sales Tops 1M: Total Sales Tops $1.6 Billion
DNPric.es database of domain name sales passed over 1,000,000 historic records.
According to the developer of the site, not only it makes DNPric.es, the first one to gather so much public entries in one place, it is also times bigger than any other known data provider.
According to the statistics section on the site:
“The database has 1,089,771 sales records of 1,015,189 domain names totaling sales of $1,605,714,604”
That is over $1.6 Billion dollars in domain name sales.
In addition DNPric.es ... read more ...
Census.com, In Last Namescon Auction Sells To Mark Monitor Client
- The domain name Census.com which was in the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction at Namescon in January 2015, just sold to a Mark Monitor client as the whois information changed yesterday.
The domain name Census.com was one of my favorite picks from that auction.
The domain name had a auction reserve of between $100,001 – $250,000
It will be interesting to see who wound up buying this domain.
Census.com as a parked page has an Alexa ranking in the 5 million range.
In a just 5 weeks RightoftheDot.com ... read more ...
Namejet.com Reports $1.56 Million In Domain Sales In November
Namejet.com usually released a sales news for Nov stating $1,561,991.00 in domain names sold.
Namejet.com usually news sales of $2,000 or some-more and for that remuneration was done by a finish of a month.
The tip 16 sales had 4 characters or less:
7X Bigger Than Las Vegas In Gambling Revenue, Macau.com Hits The Market
- Earlier this month we learned that LasVegas.com sold back in 2005 for what could be up to $90 Million Dollars.
In August the sale of Vegas.com was announced to a public company in a deal that could be worth $38 million dollars.
In both instances, Vegas has consistently set the record valuation marks as the most valuable destination-specific website in the world.
Now the website and domain address Macau.com has hit the market.
Yes Macau is the world’s top casino market, with gaming revenues ... read more ...
Rick Schwartz Sells 4 Domains For Over $1.325M & Breaks Record (Again) For 4 Number .Com
- Rick Schwartz added to his most amazing year, selling four more domain names this week for just over $1.325 million dollars.
Rick, who is known as the Domain King, keeps showing why he owns that title.
Included in this week’s sales is 6565.com which set another record for a 4 number .Com domain name.
Rick sold 9595.com for $180,000 in July, which at the time set a record for the highest amount paid for a 4 number .Com domain name (NNNN.com)
The sale of 6565.com, which Rick sold early this week, ... read more ...
Report: Vegas.com Bought LasVegas.com in 2005 For Up To $90 Million Dollars
- George Kirikos spotted an SEC document showing that Vegas.com purchased LasVegas.com in 2005, for what could be up to a $90 Million Dollars.
“In June 2005 , VEGAS.com, LLC entered into an agreement for the purchase of LasVegas.com on the following terms:
The agreement specified that a $12,000,000, one-time payment be made upon execution of the agreement along with monthly payments of approximately $83,000 for 36 months, $125,000 for the next 60 months, and then $208,000 for the next 36 months.
Per ... read more ...
Lucky 8's: Rick Schwartz Tops $10.5M in Sales For 2015: Sells 989.com For $818,181.81
- Rick Schwartz a/k/a the Domain King just sold the domain name 989.com for $818,181.81, topping $10.5 Million in domain name sales in 2015.
For Rick who always talked about having a 20 year plan, 2015 marks the 20th year and its been a record setter.
For a guy who made a reputation for saying NO to offers, has said Yes for the 4th time in 2015:
Rick previously announced the sales this year of shows that “8” is his lucky number too:
Porno.com for $8,888,888 which is still by far the highest reported ... read more ...
JC.com, KC.com and MW.com 2 Letter Domain Names All Sell
- It seems I have been reporting A LOT lately on 2 letter .com domain name sales and today is no different with 3 more changing ownership.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
There are only 676, 2 letter .com domain names
Minimum wholesale IMO is riding about $600,000 USD based on a couple recent sales around that price point
BrokerageFirm.com who I personally do not know much about prior to recently, had its hand in two of the recent purchases. According to its website: “We’re a confidential digital ... read more ...
George Hong of Guta.com Brokers DD.com Domain Name Sale
- In what very likely is another strong 7 figure domain name sale IMO, the domain name DD.com has been sold.
Two letter .com domain names are rare with only 676 of them but Double repeating two letter .com’s are even more scarce with only 26!
I reached out to George Hong, founder of Guta.com and he has confirmed the sale of DD.com but was not able to share any details of the domain name sale due to a non-disclosure agreement.
Guta.com was the exclusive broker of DD.com, which was owned by WebMagic ... read more ...
Breaking: We.com Domain Name Sells during Sedo
- Two letter .com domain names are pretty rare with only 676 of them, but two letter words are even more rare when it comes to domain names and We.com is one of them! It has just been SOLD according to whois records. The domain has went into transfer service at Sedo, so it either sold at Sedo or is using Sedo escrow.
The domain name was owed by Alf Temme of North Hollywood, CA and has been owned since October 3, 2006.
The domain We.com has just went into transfer service at Sedo.com so the buyers are ... read more ...
Buzz.com Domain Acquired by Domo Inc. From YP.com
- YP.com (Yellowpages.com LLC) has sold the premium generic domain name Buzz.com to Domo Inc. (Domo.com) according to whois records!
YellowPages.com had a website on the Buzz.com domain name up until the early morning hours today, until Buzz.com started showing a mirrored site of Domo.com with the Buzz.com domain name.
I didn’t see any press on it myself, but I did find a recent listing page on SnapNames.com for the domain name Buzz.com that was listed on February 19, 2015 with a $50,000 minimum ... read more ...
Medicare.com domain name sells for $4.8 million
A huge domain name sale: Medicare.com sells for $4.8 million.
eHealthInsurance Services, Inc. has acquired the domain name Medicare.com for $4.8 million.
On the company’s investor conference call yesterday the company said it paid $4.5 million in cash for the domain and forgave $0.3 million in receivables from the seller. The seller was apparently an existing business partner with eHealth.
Although the whois record for Medicare.com has used whois privacy for a long ... read more ...
DomainNameSales.com syndication with GoDaddy is over
Today is the last day domains listed on DomainNameSales.com will show up for searches on GoDaddy.
Today is the last day that Sedo listings will be syndicated to GoDaddy.
It turns out it’s also the last day for DomainNameSales.com listings on the site. [Update: while March 31 was supposed to be the last day for DNS syndication on GoDaddy, GoDaddy has kept the listings up while it finishes a transition for Afternic listings in the registration path.]
That means that ... read more ...
2012 Impact Stories: Frank Schilling becomes a use provider
Schilling shakes up domain parking — and that’s not all he wants to do.
Last year domain name investor Frank Schilling signed a domain parking contract with Google and opened up a new domain parking company, Internet Traffic.
The service instantly attracted some of the largest domain name investors. There are two key reasons people rushed to try the service:
1. People know, like, and trust Frank.
2. Frank gave a very high revenue share.
Although people were willing ... read more ...