.Club Sells Over $140K in Premium Domains In January: Over $3.5 Since Launch
- .Club reported on its blog that it sold $142,470.52 in Premium Name Sales in January bringing the total cumulative premium name sales for .CLUB to $3,540,637.79.
During the month of January 2016 there were 408 premium names sold.
5 names (Athletic.club, Night.club, Pot.club, Space.club and Strip.club) were sold in the NamesCon auction.
The bulk of the remaining premium name sales were tiered premium names sold through the registrar channel.
China registrars continue to be a strong contributor, however, ... read more ...
Namejet.com Reports Almost $2.5 Million In Domain Sales In January
- Namejet.com reported almost $2.5 Million dollars in domain name sales in January 2016.
Only domain names that sold for $2,000 or more are included as are only domain sales that were paid for by the end of the month.
In all Namejet.com reported over 300 domain sales including many from the RightoftheDot.com auction that was held on Namejet.com as part of the Namescon Conference.
By comparison Namejet.com reported sales for January 2015 were less than $800,000 based on 1/2 as many domain sales
Here ... read more ...
Mark your calendars for…NamesCon?
- You just got home from NamesCon 2016 and you can now register for NamesCon 2017.
Just a week after the final curtain closed on NamesCon 2016, show organizers have already opened registration for the January 2017 show.
Next year’s event will take place January 22-25 in Las Vegas. The show will take place at the Tropicana again. Rooms are available for $95 plus resort fees.
The dates later in January will put more distance between CES and NamesCon, which will make it much easier for early arrivers.
Super ... read more ...
.Car, .Cars & .Auto Hauls In Another Cool Million
- The new gTLD’s .Car, .Cars and .Auto went into it’s first day of general availability (GA) yesterday a domain name could be registered on a first come, first severed basis.
According to RegistrarStats.com here are the totals from the first day of GA
So basically 430 domain registrations at a wholesale price to the registry of $2,000 per domain, let call it a cool million for the registry
The registry which is a joint venture between Uniregistry and XYZ.com reportedly ... read more ...
Extended Namescon Auction Ends Tomorrow 125+ Domains Will Sell
- The RightoftheDot.com extended auction from the Namescon conference ends on Namejet.com tomorrow afternoon starting around 3pm EST and closes in staggered fashion until around 5pm EST subject to Namejet’s normal closing rules.
As of publication there are over 125 domain names that have hit reserve (or had no reserve) and have 1 or more bids that will sell tomorrow.
Any domain name that did not sell in the Live Domain name auction which generated around $1.5 million in sales plus 200 hundred + domain ... read more ...
The DNW NamesCon recap
- Here are my takeaways from last week’s event in Las Vegas.
What a way to kick off the year in the domain name business.
Last week’s NamesCon conference in Las Vegas attracted over 1,000 people. Enthusiasm, driven in part by a strong finish to 2015 thanks to China, was high.
That’s a lot of people. The record attendance was a good thing, but it also created a couple of challenges.
Freelancer.com CEO Matt Barrie reveals Escrow.com stats.In general, there were no issues finding a seat at sessions ... read more ...
NamesCon auction was a entrance out celebration for new TLDs
- Over 30 domains under nTLDs sold last week, and some for high prices.
The live portion of last week’s Right of the Dot domain name auction at NamesCon delivered about $1.5 million of sales. New top level domain names accounted for just over 20% of this dollar figure.
I think this was a huge moment for new top level domain names on the aftermarket.
I know a lot of people will point out that some of the domains sold were among the very best for each top level domain. This is true. But to watch domains ... read more ...
This is what it looks like when Frank Schilling throws a celebration in Vegas
Frank Schilling and Uniregistry hosted a celebration during Hakkasan in Las Vegas final night for NamesCon 2016 attendees. Sandeep Ramchandani of Radix and Statton Hammock of Rightside were guest DJs.
There’s another large celebration for discussion goers tonight, as a gift Water Night takes place during a venue Tropicana Hotel.
.Club Sells Over 5,500 Premium Domains In Dec For Almost $615K
- .Club just released it premium sales report for December 2015.
On December 16th .Club released 13,000 new premium names to the registrar channel, with many priced at $100 or lower
In all, 5,525 premium names were sold in December.
Total premium name sales for December, from all sources, came to $614,071.90.
Total premium name sales for Q4 2015 came to $2,350,116.47.
As of December 31, 2015, total cumulative sales of registry reserved premium .CLUB names came to $3,398,167.27.
The highest single sale ... read more ...
NamePros to Broadcast Domain Auction from Namescon Live
- NamePros will be broadcasting the live RightoftheDot domain auction from Namescon in real-time on Monday starting at 2PM PST.
Shortly before the auction, NamePros will publish a blog post that will include an embedded video of the live stream.
If anyone arrives late to the live stream, they’ll be able to rewind it and watch from the beginning or watch it live.
Once it’s over, the video will become a standard YouTube video for indefinite playback. All seamlessly offered within a single embedded ... read more ...
Here Are The Domains For The Live Auction From Namescon
- RightOfTheDot will conduct the live auction on Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time at the NamesCon Conference, at the New Tropicana Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
130 domain names will be auctioned.
The domain names not chosen for the Live auction will continue to be up for auction on Namejet.com until January 21st.
Over 50% of the domain names in the Live auction already received bids over reserve and will sell tomorrow.
Any domain names not sold in the Live auction will be added back ... read more ...
The ICA Is Having a Coming Out Party At Namescon; Come Join US
Michael Berkens, Esq. is a owner and Editor-in-Chief of TheDomains.com. Michael is also a co-founder of Worldwide Media Inc. that sole around 70K domain to Godaddy.com in Dec 2015 and now owns around 5K domain names . Michael is also a Director of RightoftheDot.com that is a consultant in a new gTLD space and a attorney of super reward domains. Michael was also one of a 5 Judges comparison for a a Verisign 30th Anniversary .Com competition this year.
.Ski Registry Removes All Reserves From The ROTD/Namescon Auction
- The .Ski registry, which has some great one letter domain names like i.ski an e.ski and some natural hacks like water.ski and jet.ski has removed all reserve prices from the domain names being auctioned in the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at Namescon.
All the domain names are now available for bidding in auction at No Reserve.
Many of these domain names already have bids at Namejet.com in pre-bidding.
Therefore the high bids have now become the winning bid.
The live Namescon auction ... read more ...
Norwegian Paper Covers BY.com In Namescon Auction: Now Has $602K Pre-bid
Verdens Gang whose website is VG.no a Norwegian tabloid newspaper and was the second largest newspaper in Norway just published a story about By.com which is in the RightoftheDot.com auction at Namescon. By.com, as of publication of this postm has a high bid in pre-bidding on Namejet.com of $602,000
The original story that was written in Norwegian is here.
The Google translated version of the story into English is here.
Its a very interesting story about the owner of the domain IT entrepreneur ... read more ...
Rightside Adds Short New gTLD's With Normal Renewals To ROTD/Namescon Auction
- Rightside® (Nasdaq:NAME), today announced that it will be participating in the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction as part of the Namescon conference that will be held next Monday, January 11th at 2PM EST.
All domain names carry a normal renewal fee for the relevant extension, None carry a premium renewal fee.
In keeping with the recent boom of 1, 2, and 3-character second-level domain sales, Rightside has added the premium domains:
All ... read more ...
NamesCon registrations tip 1,100
- NamesCon will top its own record for attendance at a domain business conference.
Next week’s NamesCon conference in Las Vegas will be the biggest yet, by far.
As of last Saturday morning, registrations crossed the 1,100 mark. I bet a lot more people registered Saturday before prices increased.
If you procrastinated, you can still register for $799 before January 10. Walk-up registrations are $999.
NamesCon will be a great way to kick off the New Year in the domain name business. If you’d like ... read more ...
Reserve Dropped On 8 Domains In The ROTD Auction: All Have Bids, Which Are Now The High Bid
- We have more news on the RightoftheDot.com auction being held a week from today at Namescon at 2PM PST.
An owner of 8 domain names in the auction, all of which already have bids in pre-bidding at Namejet.com has removed the reserve price.
By removing the reserve prices, the domains are being offered at NO Reserve.
Since all of the domain name have bids and the reserves have removed, the high bids are now the winning bids.
Here are the domain names which are all open for pre-bidding on NameJet.com
Of ... read more ...
Tuscany.com; Erotica.com; Penis.com Added At No Reserve To ROTD/Namescon Auction
- Some amazing domain names were added to the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at Namescon late last week all at NO Reserve by CheapDomains.com, including one that has an Estibot value of over $5 Million Dollars.
That domain name is Penis.com, one of the premier “adult” domains but which is one of those adult words you can say on broadcast television. Penis.com of course can be used as a medical site.
Let’s remember that of the top-selling domain names of all time several are adult ... read more ...
The ROTD Domain Auction At Namescon Tops $5.5 Million In Bids
- The RightoftheDot.com domain name auction being held live/online on January 11, 2016 has now topped $5.5 Million in Pre-bidding on Namejet.com
In all there are 325 domain names with at least one bid and about 250 of those have more than one bid.
About 125 domain names will be in the live auction with the rest staying opened for bidding on Namejet.com until January 21st.
There are 12 domain names with a high bid in the 6 figures or higher.
43 domain names have a bid in the five figures or higher.
Moreover ... read more ...
Make your NamesCon scheduling easy with Sched
- Tool makes it easy to sync session calendar with personal calendar.
Sched, a nifty tool for planning your schedule during NamesCon, is back this year.
You can use Sched to plan which sessions you want to attend and then easily import them into your calendar. You can even change your session plans through the NamesCon site and have your calendar automatically sync.
I just used Sched last week to plan my session schedule, and can now fill the gaps with meetings.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Sign up or ... read more ...
BY.com Added To Namescon Auction; Get's $500K Bid: My Interview W/ The Owner
The two letter domain name BY.com has just been added to the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction as part of the Namescon conference.
The domain name already has gotten a bid of $500,000 on Namejet.com in pre-bidding.
No only is BY.com become the 4th two letter .com in the auction, but it joins AT.com as the second two letter domain that is a word.
I had a chance to chat with the owner of the domain, André Eidskrem, about the very interesting history behind the domain name and why he is now ... read more ...
Sunday competence be a best day of NamesCon
- Topic tables, networking and a wine bar greet attendees on Sunday.
I typically get to Las Vegas for NamesCon on Sunday evening, and I’ve already booked the same travel for this year. Now that I’ve taken a closer look at the schedule, I regret the timing. If you haven’t booked your travel yet, try to get there earlier.
Sunday, January 10 might be the most informative day for conference-goers. Multiple topic tables will be set up from noon to 6 pm, giving people the chance to chat with experts ... read more ...
1st Time? Frank Schilling Has 11 .Com's At No Reserve In The Namescon Auction
- Frank Schilling has 11 .Com domain names from his personal inventory up for auction at no reserve, at the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at NamesCon on January 11th.
Pre-bidding is open for these domain names at Namejet.
Over the years I’m not sure if Frank has ever put up any of his privately owned .Com domain names in auction with no reserve.
According to Estibot.com these 11 domain names have a retail value of over $200,000 and they are all at no reserve (minimum bid of $300 each).
Here ... read more ...
Women in Domaining earnings to NamesCon
- One of the most important events during NamesCon is returning for next month’s event in Las Vegas.
Women in Domaining, a networking event for women in the domain name industry, will take place on Tuesday, January 12.
This year’s event will be poolside at the Tropicana and feature a full buffet.
Although the number of women in the domain name industry is growing, it’s still an industry made up primarily of men. This event is a great way for women to network before the evening’s Waternight ... read more ...
Premium .SKI Domains Hit NamesCon Auction: Water.Ski; Jet.Ski, Shop.Ski; i.Ski
- Some of the most valuable snow skiing and water skiing domain names are being made available for the first time by the .Ski Registry, in the RightOfTheDot / NamesCon live domain Auction being held on January 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time at the NamesCon conference at the New Tropicana Hotel Casino, online bidding will be available.
Names such as Rentals.ski, Water.ski, Jet.ski and the powerful one letter domain, i.ski are now opened for prebidding on Namejet.com. Those domain names were reserved ... read more ...