FC.BAYERN – Deutschlands erfolgreichster Fußballverein setzt auf neue …
Am 30. September 2014 ist die neue Top-Level-Domain für den Freistaat live gegangen. Nach einem Jahr nutzen schon mehrere große Unternehmen und Marken die Top-Level- Domain. Darunter auch der Rekordmeister aus München.
Ein Jahr .BAYERN: Am 30. September 2014 ist die Domain-Endung für das größte Bundesland in Deutschland gestartet. Nach einem Jahr hat die Top-Level-Domain (TLD) schon das Vertrauen prominenter Nutzer gewonnen. Das neueste Kapitel der bayerischen Erfolgsgeschichte ... read more ...
ibuystores.com Loses Bid To Grab iBuy.com in UDRP
- IBUY Stores, Inc. of New York, just lost its bid to grab the domain name ibuy.com in a UDRP
IBuy Stores owns the domain name ibuystores.com
This case really should have gotten a Reverse Domain Name Hijacking ruling.
The domain holder applied for a trademark in 2008, they bought the domain name in 2007 and the Complainant first filed its trademark in 2015 however the one member panel of David H. Bernstein did not even bring up the issue.
Here are the highlights:
Complainant is the owner of a United ... read more ...
20 finish user domain name sales adult to $20,000
- A firefighting equipment manufacturer, event crew provider and celebrity news site bought domain names last week.
Sedo handled 697 domain name transactions this past week, for about $1 million in sales. This includes a number of solid end user domain name sales in the five figure range, such as YouConnect.com and Cardx.com for $20,000 each.
Here’s a look at end user domain name sales from the past week on Sedo:
(You can view previous lists like this here. If you’d like to learn how to sell your ... read more ...
Rekordmeister setzt auf „.BAYERN“
Werkverträge: Der Feldzug der IG Metall
Verbände fordern Fracking-Verbot
Der FC Bayern München nutzt die neue Domain-Endung. Als Service-Dienstleister steht ein Regensburger Unternehmen dahinter.
So sieht die fc.bayern-Seite aus. Screenshot: MZ
Mehr zum Thema
Adress-Endung ... read more ...
Strangest Decision of The Year? Netflix Loses URS On The Domain Name Netflix.website
- Netflix, Inc. just lost a complaint filed under the Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) on the domain name Netflix.website
I have read through the short decision several times and still don’t understand it
The domain owner said he doesn’t even own the domain.
The domain which was had a website about Netflix service was found to be inactive when the Examiner David J. Steele, Esq. looked at it, yet he found in favor of the domain holder
Here are the highlights:
“At the outset, it is necessary ... read more ...
Even before Ta.co, people suspicion Taco.com was owned by Taco Bell
- Sure, some people will type taco.com instead of ta.co. But that confusion isn’t new.
Yesterday I wrote about how I think Ta.co is a great shortcut web address for Taco Bell, and perhaps better than Taco.com.
Many people disagree, and one commenter (on the first post about ta.co) asked how much traffic will end up at Taco.com by mistake.
First things first, I don’t think people landing at Taco.com instead of ta.co will hurt Taco Bell. The domain name is owned by an IT company, so it’s not like ... read more ...
NBC rising SeeSo streaming service?
- Company registers domain names for what appears to be a streaming TV service.
Judging from recent domain name registrations, NBC Universal is getting ready to launch an over-the-top streaming service called Seeso.
[Update: Yes, that’s what it is.]
The company registered dozens of domain names related to the service yesterday. I can’t track down any related trademark applications, and Google searches come back without any clues.
Perhaps we can piece it together with some clues.
First of all, ... read more ...
Domain Movers: Jackrabbit.com, FreeBasics.com, JC.com & More Domains
- If this is your first time seeing a Domain Movers series, I highly suggest you checkout past articles. This series is all about detecting domain names on the move for one reason or another by large corporations. These companies often purchase already owned domain names by others for new brands, products or services and for many more reasons.
These are early findings and the following is often the first time publicly that the information is announced.
Microsoft Corporation registered 27 domain names ... read more ...
Florida Owner of UberPromotions.com Sues Uber.com For Trademark Infringement
- UBER PROMOTIONS, INC. a Florida corporation filed a federal lawsuit today against the the world famous Uber.com whose formal corporate name is UBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC for trademark infringement, unfair competition under the Trademark Act of 1946, under Florida law and under common law.
The Florida corporation alleged they had a website for transportation services started in Gainesville Florida in 2006, home of the Florida Gators, several years before what we all know as Uber.com started.
Here are ... read more ...
Three Letter Domain Name TPP.Com Hit With UDRP
- The domain name TPP.com has been hit with a UDRP
The Complainant is unknown at the moment but the domain is owned on behalf of a client of MarkMonitor which generally means big corporate client and was owned earlier this year by Thomson Reuters Holdings Inc a client of MarkMonitor.com since at least 2005.
There are at least 7 different trademarks for the world-famous term TPP in the USPTO going back to 1992.
The UNITED STATES GOLF ASSOCIATION filed the 1st trademark in 1992 and then LOCKKHEED ... read more ...
Sedo Weekly Transactions Total $1million led by Pionier.de
- Over the past week, 697 transactions took place on Sedo’s marketplace and via SedoMLS, totaling $1m.
57% of total sales were the result of Buy Now listings.
Highlights of public sales are:
Top .com: youconnect.com at 20,000 USD
Top ccTLD: pionier.de at 19,500 EUR
Top “other” TLD: opex.net at 4,500 USD
New GTLD sales:
bethel.church 999 USD
... read more ...
16,000+ .NYC domains will be expelled subsequent week
- Some good .nyc domain names will be released next week.
.NYC will release 16,674 previously blocked .NYC domain names on October 8. The domain names were all blocked as name collisions.
Not all name collision names will be released, however. Names like Broadway.nyc, Brooklyn.nyc, Bike.nyc and Brewery.nyc are still being held back, presumably as premium domain names or for the city.
You can see a list of the names that will become available on Hexonet’s website.
Here are some I found interesting:
Remember, ... read more ...
Neue Top Level Domains: zögerliche Nutzung der Marken-Privilegien
(Bild: cylonka Bsg )
Ein eigenes Regelwerk garantiert Markeninhabern attraktive Privilegien bei den neuen Internet-Adressen. Zur Verwunderung der Domainbranche werden die aber nur zögerlich genutzt, wie ein aktueller Bericht der Internetverwaltung ICANN zeigt.
Das Trademark Clearinghouse ist ein praktisches Tool für Markeninhaber. Wer immer ein Recht an einer Marke in irgendeinem Land der Welt nachweisen kann, kann diese in die nicht-öffentliche Datenbank eintragen. ... read more ...
Lawsuit filed to redeem stolen OnlineMBA.com domain name
- Company files lawsuit after losing UDRP.
After failing to recover the allegedly stolen domain name OnlineMBA.com through a UDRP, the previous owner of the domain name has turned to the courts.
CMN.com, LLC, which generates leads for education companies, filed a lawsuit (pdf) in U.S. District Court in Virignia late last week to recover the domain name. It says that an unknown person gained access to its email address, and used this to hijack the domain name.
Plaintiff CMN.com says the domain thief ... read more ...
Why Ta.co is improved than Taco.com
- For Taco Bell, using Ta.co is better than Taco.com.
Yesterday Taco Bell began promoting the domain hack Ta.co for its updated website, which gives people the ability to order customized Taco Bell menu items online. (Finally! I can add bacon to my Doritos Locos Tacos!)
Will from OmarAndWill.com posted this comment on Domain Name Wire:
I give props to Taco Bell for taking the unique creative approach with Ta.Co not only is it sure and catchy but it will make people aware of the .Co. With any of the ... read more ...
.Com Tops 120 Million Total Domain Names & Over 119 Million Active Domains
- Verisign is reporting that the number of .Com domain names has topped 120 Million for the 1st time and likewise the number of domain names active in the .Com zone file top 119 million.
The .Com domain name base which has topped 120 million domains is explained as:
“”The domain name base is the active zone plus the number of domain names that are registered but not configured for use in the respective Top-Level Domain zone file plus the number of domain names that are in a client or server hold ... read more ...
New TLD foe news is worthless
- Getting answers to the wrong questions…
ICANN released a report yesterday called “Phase I Assessment of the Competitive Effects Associated with the New gTLD Program”, undertaken by an outside research firm.
I found the report mostly worthless. This is partly because the new TLD program’s focus on increasing choice and competition is based on the wrong premise.
That premise is that there is a lack of good available second level domain names to register.
The reality is there are plenty of good ... read more ...
A new home for the digital Red Ribbon
- BERLIN, Sept. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Uniregistry Corp., a leading domain name registration services company founded by Frank Schilling, and dotHIV, the first charitable Top-Level Domain Registry, jointly announce today that the .hiv TLD will change ownership to Uniregistry. The two organizations plan to conclude the transition prior to December 1st 2015 World AIDS Day. The .hiv TLD made history last year as the first open charitable TLD, dedicated to the global fight against AIDS. .hiv domain ... read more ...
Does your business really need an Arabic Top Level Domain?
It’s now possible to buy domain names in non-roman letters including Chinese, Arabic and Russian, following a major expansion in the kinds of domains that can be registered.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which launched in 1998 and has been active in domain name registration since 2000, now includes top-level domains (TLD) in new languages, which were adopted in the beginning of 2014.
Country code top-level domains (ccTLD) were implemented ... read more ...
After Setting Records On Kickstarter, Smartwatch Company Pebble Secures Pebble.com
- Smartwatch company Pebble Technology first made headlines 3 years ago when it raised $10 Million dollars for the e-paper watch on Kickstarter.
In early 2015, Pebble broke Kickstarter records when it crowdfunded Pebble Time raising $1 Million in 49 minutes and then set a record for raising the most money on Kickstarter, over $20 Million dollars for its smartwatch Pebble Time.
The company has been using the domain name GetPebble.com which has been registered since May 27, 2011 but according to whois ... read more ...
Sen. Cruz Asks The GAO to Determine Whether Obama Has "The Power to Give Away a Internet"
- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is also running for President, along with Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet, sent a letter to the Government Accountability Office (GAO) yesterday “requesting an affirmative determination of whether the Obama Administration’s plan to transfer U.S. ... read more ...
More Than Just Forwarding: How .brands Like Apple Can Use Defensive Registrations
The domain industry media was abuzz last week with speculation that tech giant Apple may be gearing up to launch its .apple brand TLD.
Rumours began when it was discovered that Apple registered 29 .com domain names that to the untrained eye, appear to be strangely worded. These include the likes of imovieapple.com, macbookproapple.com and ipadapple.com, providing hope to many industry pundits that they could potentially be defensive registrations designed to protect Apple from losing traffic ... read more ...
Blackjack.com: A singular RDNH in an "outside a scope" UDRP
- Panel rules reverse domain name hijacking in Blackjack.com dispute.
A three person National Arbitration Forum panel has found the complainants in a UDRP over Blackjack.com to have engaged in reverse domain name hijacking.
You’re probably not surprised about an RDNH in a case for a million dollar generic like Blackjack.com. What is unique is that the panel also found the entire case outside the scope of the UDRP.
Most of the time, when a panel comes to this determination, it doesn’t consider RDNH. ... read more ...
One Direction Wins a Right to a Domain Name OneDirection.video
- 1D Media Limited of London, just won control of the domain name OneDirection.video in a UDRP on behalf of one of the most famous pop bands in the world.
The one member panel of Richard G. Lyon awarded the domain on a pretty easy case saying “that the term ONE DIRECTION has no sensible or reasonable meaning that does not relate to the Complainant or its activities.”
The panelist found that The Complainant demonstrated bad faith in both registration and use of the disputed domain name which was ... read more ...