Extended Namescon Auction Ends Tomorrow 125+ Domains Will Sell
- The RightoftheDot.com extended auction from the Namescon conference ends on Namejet.com tomorrow afternoon starting around 3pm EST and closes in staggered fashion until around 5pm EST subject to Namejet’s normal closing rules.
As of publication there are over 125 domain names that have hit reserve (or had no reserve) and have 1 or more bids that will sell tomorrow.
Any domain name that did not sell in the Live Domain name auction which generated around $1.5 million in sales plus 200 hundred + domain ... read more ...
NamesCon auction was a entrance out celebration for new TLDs
- Over 30 domains under nTLDs sold last week, and some for high prices.
The live portion of last week’s Right of the Dot domain name auction at NamesCon delivered about $1.5 million of sales. New top level domain names accounted for just over 20% of this dollar figure.
I think this was a huge moment for new top level domain names on the aftermarket.
I know a lot of people will point out that some of the domains sold were among the very best for each top level domain. This is true. But to watch domains ... read more ...
Why we shouldn't go bananas over Banana.com domain name "sale"
- There’s a good reason to be skeptical of a $2 million banana.com domain sale.
Last month there was a bit of a stir in the domain name industry about the Chinese buying one word English domain names for huge sums.
A domain name auction in China resulted in 5 domain name “sales” of $2 million or more USD: Banana.com, House.com, Yao.com, GG.com and HG.com.
While GG.com and HG.com might seem plausible, $2 million for banana.com seemed like a ridiculously high price. Some were skeptical. As it ... read more ...
Here Are The Domains For The Live Auction From Namescon
- RightOfTheDot will conduct the live auction on Monday, January 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time at the NamesCon Conference, at the New Tropicana Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
130 domain names will be auctioned.
The domain names not chosen for the Live auction will continue to be up for auction on Namejet.com until January 21st.
Over 50% of the domain names in the Live auction already received bids over reserve and will sell tomorrow.
Any domain names not sold in the Live auction will be added back ... read more ...
Here is How To Bid in The Live Namescon/ RightoftheDot.com Auction
- I understand this might be a little confusing but I’m trying to lay out how you can bid on the domain names in the RightoftheDot.com auction at Namescon, while the live domain name auction underway on Monday January 11th starting at 2PM PST
So there are over 400 domain names in the auction, but only 125 or so will make the cut for the live auction on January 11, 2016 stating at 2:00 PM PST at NamesCon at the New Tropicana Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
There is almost $7 Million dollars in pre-bids ... read more ...
.Ski Registry Removes All Reserves From The ROTD/Namescon Auction
- The .Ski registry, which has some great one letter domain names like i.ski an e.ski and some natural hacks like water.ski and jet.ski has removed all reserve prices from the domain names being auctioned in the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at Namescon.
All the domain names are now available for bidding in auction at No Reserve.
Many of these domain names already have bids at Namejet.com in pre-bidding.
Therefore the high bids have now become the winning bid.
The live Namescon auction ... read more ...
Rightside Adds Short New gTLD's With Normal Renewals To ROTD/Namescon Auction
- Rightside® (Nasdaq:NAME), today announced that it will be participating in the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction as part of the Namescon conference that will be held next Monday, January 11th at 2PM EST.
All domain names carry a normal renewal fee for the relevant extension, None carry a premium renewal fee.
In keeping with the recent boom of 1, 2, and 3-character second-level domain sales, Rightside has added the premium domains:
All ... read more ...
Namejet.com Has Record Breaking Month Reporting Almost $3 Million In Sales
- Namejet.com reported its sales for December 2015, selling 383 sales at $2k and above for a total of $2,964,861, nearly double their previous record breaking month of November, 2015.
Namejet only reports on sales of $2,000 or more.
23 of the top 40 domain names were for three letter .com (LLL.com) domains, of the remaining 17 domains in the top 40, 5 were two letter .net domains (LL.net) and 4 more were four number domains .com domains (NNNN.com)
With the RightoftheDot.com auction from Namescon being ... read more ...
Tuscany.com; Erotica.com; Penis.com Added At No Reserve To ROTD/Namescon Auction
- Some amazing domain names were added to the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at Namescon late last week all at NO Reserve by CheapDomains.com, including one that has an Estibot value of over $5 Million Dollars.
That domain name is Penis.com, one of the premier “adult” domains but which is one of those adult words you can say on broadcast television. Penis.com of course can be used as a medical site.
Let’s remember that of the top-selling domain names of all time several are adult ... read more ...
The ROTD Domain Auction At Namescon Tops $5.5 Million In Bids
- The RightoftheDot.com domain name auction being held live/online on January 11, 2016 has now topped $5.5 Million in Pre-bidding on Namejet.com
In all there are 325 domain names with at least one bid and about 250 of those have more than one bid.
About 125 domain names will be in the live auction with the rest staying opened for bidding on Namejet.com until January 21st.
There are 12 domain names with a high bid in the 6 figures or higher.
43 domain names have a bid in the five figures or higher.
Moreover ... read more ...
BY.com Added To Namescon Auction; Get's $500K Bid: My Interview W/ The Owner
The two letter domain name BY.com has just been added to the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction as part of the Namescon conference.
The domain name already has gotten a bid of $500,000 on Namejet.com in pre-bidding.
No only is BY.com become the 4th two letter .com in the auction, but it joins AT.com as the second two letter domain that is a word.
I had a chance to chat with the owner of the domain, André Eidskrem, about the very interesting history behind the domain name and why he is now ... read more ...
1st Time? Frank Schilling Has 11 .Com's At No Reserve In The Namescon Auction
- Frank Schilling has 11 .Com domain names from his personal inventory up for auction at no reserve, at the RightoftheDot.com domain auction being held at NamesCon on January 11th.
Pre-bidding is open for these domain names at Namejet.
Over the years I’m not sure if Frank has ever put up any of his privately owned .Com domain names in auction with no reserve.
According to Estibot.com these 11 domain names have a retail value of over $200,000 and they are all at no reserve (minimum bid of $300 each).
Here ... read more ...
Premium .SKI Domains Hit NamesCon Auction: Water.Ski; Jet.Ski, Shop.Ski; i.Ski
- Some of the most valuable snow skiing and water skiing domain names are being made available for the first time by the .Ski Registry, in the RightOfTheDot / NamesCon live domain Auction being held on January 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time at the NamesCon conference at the New Tropicana Hotel Casino, online bidding will be available.
Names such as Rentals.ski, Water.ski, Jet.ski and the powerful one letter domain, i.ski are now opened for prebidding on Namejet.com. Those domain names were reserved ... read more ...
Census.com, In Last Namescon Auction Sells To Mark Monitor Client
- The domain name Census.com which was in the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction at Namescon in January 2015, just sold to a Mark Monitor client as the whois information changed yesterday.
The domain name Census.com was one of my favorite picks from that auction.
The domain name had a auction reserve of between $100,001 – $250,000
It will be interesting to see who wound up buying this domain.
Census.com as a parked page has an Alexa ranking in the 5 million range.
In a just 5 weeks RightoftheDot.com ... read more ...
Namejet.com Reports $1.56 Million In Domain Sales In November
Namejet.com usually released a sales news for Nov stating $1,561,991.00 in domain names sold.
Namejet.com usually news sales of $2,000 or some-more and for that remuneration was done by a finish of a month.
The tip 16 sales had 4 characters or less:
RightofTheDot/Namescon Domain Auction Is Opened for Submissions
- RightoftheDot.com is holding a live and online auction with Namejet.com from the Namescon conference.
RightoftheDot.com has now formally opened up submission for the auction.
We are looking for great domain names, especially one word .com and new gTLD’sm along with short domains in all extensions, along with brand domains, category killers, Geographic domains.
Domains should have a low reserve price.
The reserve price is not the price you would quote to sell the domain if you got an offer on the ... read more ...
The Domain KanyeForPresident.Com Goes Up For Sale
- The domain name that made international news, KanyeForPresident.com has gone up for sale on Flippa.com
Back in August at the MTV Video awards Kanye West announced he will be running for President of the United States in 2020.
A 24-year-old Tramal Ferguson of Marietta, Georgia registered the domain name KanyeForPresident.com “on a whim back in April 2015” and reportedly turned down offers as high as $80,000, shortly after Mr. West’s announcement.
Now the domain is at auction on Flippa.com.
The ... read more ...
SnapNames is compelling an auction during NameJet for LTD.com
- Co-branded auction is likely the first of many.
NameJet is currently hosting an auction for LTD.com.
This is obviously a good domain name. Not only is it three characters, but it’s also a common company ending for “Limited”. With a reserve under $50,000, it’s a no-brainer.
But the real news here is that the auction is co-branded with SnapNames and NameJet, and SnapNames is helping to promote the auction even though it is taking place at NameJet.
Why would one of the biggest expired domain ... read more ...
Sedo GreatDomains auction launches with 2 and 3 minute .coms
- One domain name has a $425,000 bid already, but hasn’t met its reserve.
If you want to have a successful domain name auction these days, stuff it full of two and three character .com domain names.
Sedo just started its monthly GreatDomains auction, and short domains are attracting all of the attention.
At the top of the list is EZ.com, which has two bids up to $425,000 and a reserve range between $500,000 and $1 million.
Two three character domains have already hit their reserves: DCR.com is at ... read more ...
Health.Org Tops $141,000 In Bidding In Expired Domain GoDaddy.com Auction
- .Health.org is in an expired domain name auction at GoDaddy.com and bidding has topped $141,000 with over 9 days to go.
According to the stats shown on the GoDaddy auction page, the 22 year old domain is estimated to get almost 7,000 visitors a month.
Arguably the domain name Health.org is one of the top 5 best possible and most valuable .org domain names.
As of publication there are only 17 active bidders on the domain, but the only way to become an active bidder is to top the current high bid ... read more ...
.NYC Gets Around 650 Domain Registrations Out Of 16k+ On The ICANN Collision List
- .NYC celebrated its one year anniversary yesterday by releasing over 16,000 domain names which were previously unavailable due to being placed on the ICANN collision list.
We ran the list through a whois program earlier today and according to the results somewhere around 650 of these domain names got registered.
If you have ever gone through an ICANN collision list a substantial percentage of the list contains a lot of nonsensical domains, containing random letters and/or numbers or are otherwise ... read more ...
GJQ.com snags $36k bid during Sedo
- Lots of three letter domain names on auction at Sedo.
Three letter .com domain names continue to command top dollar.
The domain name GJQ.com has a $36,000 bid at Sedo. It’s in an auction that ends around 1 am EDT tomorrow morning. With just one bidder, this was likely an offer that was pushed to auction.
Sedo’s current Great Domains auction also has a lot of three character domains on offer, including dke.com, utt.com, hvz.com and sgj.com. The first three have reserves under 25,000 euros.
The ... read more ...
Paradise.com, Holiday.com and Iraq.com strike auction retard subsequent month
Valuable domain names go up for sale next month.
For a company I hadn’t heard of before it announced it was auctioning Holiday.com a couple months ago, Breathe Luxury has assembled an impressive list of domain names for its auction next month.
The company will auction off dozens of domain names in conjunction with the World Travel Market conference in London November 5. Among the domain names for sale:
Most ... read more ...
Impressive formula from .Global domain name auction
.Global auction sells 35 domain names for a total of $63,780.
.Global held a live domain name auction in London yesterday afternoon, and the results were quite impressive.
The $63,780 in sales across 35 of 82 domain names far surpassed those I asked in a “straw poll” prior to the auction. It certainly exceeded my expectations.
I think a key moment was the 12th lot for flights.global. The preceding nine lots failed to sell, and a $5,000 bid on flights.global was ... read more ...
10 Domains we like in this week’s Heritage Auctions domain name auction
Here are ten domains I think are worth the money in this week’s domain auction.
Heritage Auctions’ second domain name auction takes place April 9.
It’s difficult to place bets on which domains will sell, especially for the higher-end domains. It depends on if someone watching the auction has pockets deep enough to pay six figures for a domain name.
That said, here are ten domains I really like in the auction at varying price levels*:
CorpusChristi.com ($150,000 ... read more ...