Tucows Announces $40 Million Stock BuyBack Program & Is Up Over 8% To $20 A Share
- Tucows Inc. (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) announced after the market closed yesterday “that its Board of Directors has approved a stock buyback program to repurchase from time to time up to $40 million of its common stock in the open market.”
“The new $40 million buyback program will commence February 10, 2016 and will terminate on or before February 9, 2017. ”
“The Company’s previous buyback program, which commenced February 16, 2015 and was scheduled to end on or before February 15, 2016, has ... read more ...
SalesForce Buys The Domain Quotable.com Through BrandBucket.com
- Salesforce has just bought the domain name Quotable.com through BrandBucket.com
According to DomainTools.com the owner of the domain name was Baroda Ventures LLC of Beverly Hills, who seemed to own the domain for many years.
The live whois records changed yesterday to reflect that SalesForce.com bought the domain name which is now registered through brand protection company and domain name registrar MarkMonitor.com.
The domain Quotable.com is already being forwarded to SalesForce.com.
It seems the ... read more ...
Feel The Bern? The Domain FeelTheBern.com Is For Sale; We Chat With The Owner
Yesterday Bernie Sanders won the first Democratic primary of the 2016 election beating Hillary Clinton by over 20%.
What has become the rally phrase for Mr. Sanders supporters is “Feel the Bern”.
I reached out to the owner of the domain name FeelTheBern.com last night who confirmed the domain name was for sale, which was just registered in February of 2015.
So it’s either Sanders or Hillary Clinton who uses the domain name HillaryClinton.com for her website, or one ... read more ...
Market Recap 2/9/16 Godaddy down tighten to 5%
- Market Recap 2/9/16
Godaddy (GDDY) had another rough day down close to 5%. The stock was as low as $23.88. Uptick Analyst published where analysts stand on the stock currently.
Sell-side analysts on Wall Street covering shares of Godaddy Inc (NYSE:GDDY) have handed the stock a one year target price of $35.555. This is the average number according to the 9 brokerage firms weighing in on the name. The most bullish (highest) estimate is $40 while the lowest, most conservative, stands at $30. This and ... read more ...
CSC Issues "New gTLD Utilization Report" .Global Enters "Alternative Top 10" List
- Brand protection and domain registrar, Corporate Service Company (CSC) issued its latest “New gTLD Utilization Report” which is designed to update digital marketers and their peers in legal and IT about how new gTLDs are being adopted. The report also examines how .brand domains are being used and how effectively the new generic TLDs are penetrating the Alexa.com, top one million websites (a potential indicator for TLD utilization).
On the Brand front in CSC’s December report, there were 75 ... read more ...
Market Recap 2/8/16 Verisign down 5%
- Market Recap 2/8/16
Another down day in the markets overall, Godaddy (GDDY) managed to finish up .14 after being down over 15% the previous two trading days.
Verisign (VRSN) was down over 5% today, the stock traded as low as $70.84 before closing at $71.77. Earnings are due out this week.
United Internet (UTDI) The parent company of Sedo was the big loser today down over 7%.
Disclaimer – Any stock price and market data provided on our website is for informational purposes only, and should not be ... read more ...
.Club Sells Over $140K in Premium Domains In January: Over $3.5 Since Launch
- .Club reported on its blog that it sold $142,470.52 in Premium Name Sales in January bringing the total cumulative premium name sales for .CLUB to $3,540,637.79.
During the month of January 2016 there were 408 premium names sold.
5 names (Athletic.club, Night.club, Pot.club, Space.club and Strip.club) were sold in the NamesCon auction.
The bulk of the remaining premium name sales were tiered premium names sold through the registrar channel.
China registrars continue to be a strong contributor, however, ... read more ...
.XYZ Says They Just "Blew Past" 2 Million Domain Registrations
Daniel Negari the CEO of the .XYZ registry just sent me over a note that the new gTLD .XYZ has “blew past 2 Million domain name registrations”.
According to ntldstats.com .XYZ was sitting at 1,967,963 domain registrations as of the last zone update, however there has been a huge surge in 6 number .XYZ domain names from China (NNNNNN.xyz) (also known as 6N domains) of over 100,000 domain registrations.
According to XYZ 27% of all 6N domain name combinations are now registered.
100% of all possible ... read more ...
TM Holder Wins UDRP, Fails To Renew Domain & Gets Domain Back in Another UDRP
- Here’s a case you don’t see everyday.
Bebidas Fruki S.A. of Lajeado, Brazil, won a second UDRP on the domain name Fruki.com after failing to renew its domain back in 2013.
The domain was originally registered on January 2002.
In 2011 the domain name was transferred to the Complainant under UDRP case Bebidas Fruki S.A. v. NitroTrade LLC, WIPO Case No. D2011-0913.
However in 2013 the company failed to renew the domain when it was registered at Godaddy.
It took the company over two years to send ... read more ...
60% of all Mobile Banner Ad Clicks Are Accidents
Ben Frederick, published a piece on Media post that looked at mobile advertising and how the majority of clicks on an ad are an accident. I know that sometimes when I come across a site on my iPhone when I click an (X) to close, it still goes through and takes me to the advertiser’s website. Mobile location firm Retale conducted the survey that showed among other things: After accidentally clicking an ad, most respondents said they felt annoyed (68%), frustrated (45%), or angry (22%).
From a ... read more ...
Market Recap 2/5/16 Domain Stocks Get Whacked
- Market Recap 2/5/16
Godaddy (GDDY) had another rough day today, down close to 10%, the overall markets were down but nowhere near where Godaddy and some of their peers ended.
Neustar (NSR) finished down more than Godaddy, falling 10.34% on the day.
Robert W. Baird lowered their price target on the stock from $33.00 to $30.00, Analyst Ratings Network.com reports. Robert W. Baird currently has a neutral rating on the stock. Neustar traded as low as $21.69 and last traded at $22.26, with a volume of ... read more ...
Attacker gives Amazon feign sum from a whois query, and gets genuine address
- A former Amazon software developer had his account information given away by of all companies, Amazon.
It seems that this all started with domain registrations, for some reason Eric Springer used the address of a hotel instead of his own. He writes on Medium.com ” It’s just a fake address of a hotel that was in the same zip code where I lived. I used it to register some domains, knowing that the whois information all too often becomes public. I used the same general area as I lived, so that my ... read more ...
- Market recap for 2/4/16
Godaddy (GDDY) was down 5.88% on the day and was by far the worst performer of the group we track. There was a report on SeekingAlpha.com on Feb 2 about whether the stock was a go or a no go.
Rightside (NAME) was dpwm 1.62% on the day and traded as low as $8.40. The short interest decreased substantially in January according to Daily Political.
Rightside Group Ltd (NASDAQ:NAME) was the recipient of a large decrease in short interest in the month of January. As of January 15th, ... read more ...
.Law Gets 5K Registrations in 1st 90 days: We Break Down The Numbers
- According to a press release out today, Minds + Machines Group Limited (LSE:MMX), the owner of the new “.law” and .abogado (Lawyer in Spanish) top-level domains, “announced that .law has successfully completed its first 90 days since general availability having fulfilled more than 5,000 verified registrations, with over 700 premium names including numerous domains which have sold for $100,000 or more.”
However the press release is silent on the results of .abogado (spanish for lawyer) which ... read more ...
33 Indicators that Bitcoin is not negligence down
- BargainFox.co.uk produced this infographic that looks at 33 indicators relating to Bitcoin and why things are not slowing down with the cryptocurrency.
55% of Bitcoin users are 19-34 years of age based on a survey of 4,000 respondents.
... read more ...
Sedo Weekly Transactions Total $1million led by 2230.com
- Over the past week, 588 transactions took place on Sedo’s marketplace and via SedoMLS, totaling $1m.
62% of total sales were the result of Buy Now listings.
Highlights of public sales are:
Top .com: 2230.com at 24,944 USD
Top ccTLD: makijaz.pl (Polish for “make-up”) at 21,000 EUR
Top “other” TLD: bolter.net at 5,430 USD
... read more ...
Yahoo reports gain in line and down 2.3% after hours
- Alphabet (Nasdaq:GOOGL) reported strong earnings and the stock hit a new high on the way to becoming the most valuable publicly traded company in the world. The Robin to their Batman, Yahoo (Nasdaq:YHOO) reported earnings today after the close.
Yahoo Q4 EPS $0.13 Adj. vs. $0.13 Est.; Q4 Revs. $1.27B vs. $1.19B Est. • $YHOO.
The stock is down 2.3% in after hours trading. The company is going to layoff employees. Fortune reported,
Yahoo confirmed that it will “simplify” about 15% of its current ... read more ...
Namejet.com Reports Almost $2.5 Million In Domain Sales In January
- Namejet.com reported almost $2.5 Million dollars in domain name sales in January 2016.
Only domain names that sold for $2,000 or more are included as are only domain sales that were paid for by the end of the month.
In all Namejet.com reported over 300 domain sales including many from the RightoftheDot.com auction that was held on Namejet.com as part of the Namescon Conference.
By comparison Namejet.com reported sales for January 2015 were less than $800,000 based on 1/2 as many domain sales
Here ... read more ...
Alphabet Reports Strong Earnings adult $40 in After Hours Trading
- Alphabet Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOGL) the parent company of Google reported earnings after the bell today. The company has become the most valuable publicly traded company in the world. The stock is over $800 for the first time ever in after hours trading.
$8.67 per share, vs expected EPS of $8.10
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – February 1, 2016 – Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG, GOOGL) today announced financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2015.
“Our very strong revenue growth in ... read more ...
Former Industry Blog WannaDevelop.com closes currently on Go Daddy Auctions
- WannaDevelop.com was a blog that was run by Mike Cohen, while talking about things like mini and mega site development, the blog also posted about the domain industry.
MorganLinton.com posted an article back in 2010 that created quite a stir and that was followed up by Owen Frager and DomainShane.com.
WannaDevelop.com is currently expired and around $100 on Go Daddy Auctions. It will be interesting to see the closing price and if it gets renewed.
... read more ...
XYZ Launches .Security, .Protection, & .Theatre: All Domain Including Single Character Are Avail
- We just received an email from XYZ which launched the new gTLD extensions .Security, .Protection, and .Theatre today.
Apparently on the launch some registration requests for single character domain names were being rejected due to a technical error, however we just received a note that the error has been fixed and that all domain names are available for registration (unless of course already registered)
None of the domain name have a premium renewal rate
Here is the email we received:
... read more ...
.WS Changing 2-3 Character New Domain Pricing & Releasing All 5-20 Number Domains
- Due to the recent demand for the .WS extension coming from the emerging China Domain market, Global Domains International, the operator of the .WS registry, announced today that they are changing their pricing for all 2 and 3 character .WS domain names.
In December 2015, thousands of .WS domain names were registered in China.
The entire 4 number Chinese Premium .WS space sold out over a three-day period in December.
Global Domains International which runs the .WS registry, announced it has partnered ... read more ...
Sedo Weekly Transactions Total $1.3 million led by Rostrum.com
589 exchange took place on Sedo’s marketplace and around SedoMLS, totaling $1.3m.
64% of sum sales were a outcome of Buy Now listings.
Highlights of open sales are:
- Top .com: rostrum.com at 40,000 EUR
- Top ccTLD: an.cc at 10,000 USD
- Top “other” TLD: cec.net at 10,000 USD
US Bank New Ad Campaign Around "The Power Of Possible"; .Com Owned T StatOil.com
- According to MediaPost.com “U.S. Bank has launched its most extensive brand-building campaign to date around the phrase, “The Power of Possible” including TV, radio and newspaper ads, as well as social media engagement and other digital pieces.
The domain name ThePowerofPossible.com is owned by another big company StatOil.com, which is represented by CSC.
“Statoil is an international energy company present in more than 30 countries around the world”
The domain name does not resolve so ... read more ...
Rightside Lays Off "Around 6% of It's Employees"
Michael Berkens, Esq. is a owner and Editor-in-Chief of TheDomains.com. Michael is also a co-founder of Worldwide Media Inc. that sole around 70K domain to Godaddy.com in Dec 2015 and now owns around 5K domain names . Michael is also a Director of RightoftheDot.com that is a consultant in a new gTLD space and a attorney of super reward domains. Michael was also one of a 5 Judges comparison for a a Verisign 30th Anniversary .Com competition this year.