Domain Registration on Record Pace? Over 750K Added Yesterday Alone
- Registrations of domain names seem to be going on at a record pace.
Yesterday saw the number of domain registrations across all Top Level Domain (TLD) names have a net add of over 750,000 domains according to registrarstats.com
“Net Add” mean its the amount of domains registered less the number of domain names deleted.
The gross numbers of domain names registered yesterday were close to 900,000.
These total include all legacy domain names extensions like .com, .net and .org (22 in total) and ... read more ...
New gTLD Add Over 1 Million Domain Registrations in Just Last 5 Days
- According to ntldstats.com, the number of new gTLD’s domain registrations grew by 1.1 million domains, in just the last 5 days.
In terms of percentage of increase, the 1.1 million increase in new gTLD domain names, is close to a 9% increase in just 5 days.
On February 13th, there were a total of 12,675,000 new gTLD domain names registered.
Today on February 18th, ntldstats.com shows the total number of new gTLD’s domain name registrations at 13,782,837 meaning that the number of new gTLD domains ... read more ...
MarkMonitor Takes a Look at Progress on New gTLD Program in Latest Report
The MarkMonitor New gTLD Quarterly Report offers unique insight into the New gTLD Program. Click to DownloadMarkMonitor has just released its New gTLD Quarterly Report providing a unique insight into the New gTLD (NgTLD) Program. The report includes detailed information on .Brand registration and marketing activity, current trends and news relevant to businesses and brand owners.
Some highlights include:
• Internet identifier NgTLDs are popular among squatters, with some TLDs experiencing ... read more ...
Inside MPAA’s Piracy Deal With the Donuts Domain Registry
Domain name registry Donuts describes itself as “the largest operator of new domain name extensions” and it certainly has some interesting ones under its belt.
In addition to future classics such as .EMAIL, .COMPANY and .GURU, Donuts also has more light-hearted options available including .FAIL and .WTF.
However, with a current registration volume that has just surpassed 900 domains, the gTLD of most interest to Hollywood (except .TAX, perhaps) is .MOVIE.
With this in mind it will come as no ... read more ...
.Movie Registry Donuts Strengthens Film Industry Relationship With New Anti-Piracy Agreement
Co-Founder and Executive Vice
President Jon Nevett
said, “This is a
groundbreaking partnership and
one we’re proud to
undertake,” said .
... read more ...
.XYZ Says They Just "Blew Past" 2 Million Domain Registrations
Daniel Negari the CEO of the .XYZ registry just sent me over a note that the new gTLD .XYZ has “blew past 2 Million domain name registrations”.
According to ntldstats.com .XYZ was sitting at 1,967,963 domain registrations as of the last zone update, however there has been a huge surge in 6 number .XYZ domain names from China (NNNNNN.xyz) (also known as 6N domains) of over 100,000 domain registrations.
According to XYZ 27% of all 6N domain name combinations are now registered.
100% of all possible ... read more ...
Will a New gTLD Domain Be Used in a Super Bowl Ad?
We know that Super Bowl television advertisements are usually funny and edgy. One way to be humorous and edgy, in my opinion, is to use a new gTLD domain name for a Super Bowl advertising website. If a humorous domain name were to be used, it could help create a buzz and also be used to better track traffic following the Super Bowl.
I have no idea if any companies are planning to use a new domain name in their Super Bowl advertising campaigns, but I would not be shocked to see one. I would ... read more ...
Allegravita Brings on Kurt Pritz As Partner
Although I don’t know Kurt Pritz personally, I know that he has been active in the domain name space (primarily with ICANN) for many years. For nearly two years, Kurt served as Executive Director of the Domain Name Association, an organization that is quite involved in the new gTLD space.
Allegravita is a consulting firm with domain industry companies among its clients. I believe the company’s primary focus is helping domain industry companies advance their business interests in the Chinese ... read more ...
Uniregistry Adds Industry Veterans Sam Tseng & Alan Crowe to Their Account Executive Team
launched their retail registrar
in 2014 (complementing the company's
new gTLD registry operations) they
have won many plaudits for the
smooth, easy to use interface that
... read more ...
Priority Access Program for Verisign’s First IDN New gTLD, .コム
Verisign launched its first IDN new gTLD, .コム — the .com you know, now in Japanese — on Dec. 9, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. UTC. We recently submitted updated TLD Startup Information for .コム to ICANN, extending the end date for the .コム Sunrise Period from Jan. 31, 2016, to March 14, 2016, and shifting the dates of the subsequent registration periods. ICANN recently confirmed the following updated registration periods for the .コム TLD*:
Sunrise Period: Dec. 9, 2015 – March ... read more ...
Minds Machines scores big with premium domain names
- (MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - N.America) Internet top level domains company Minds Machines (LON:MMX) finished 2015 with a flourish enjoying significant growth in billings. For the final quarter standard name billings were up 184% at US2.66mln from the preceding quarter's (Q3) figure of US0.94mln while premium name billings were up 215% at US1.52mln (Q3 2015: 0.48m). Total billings for the year rose 57% to US7.92mln from US5.03mln as the company continued to evolve from 'land grab' mode to commercialising ... read more ...
Minds + Machines Reports Significant Billings Growth In 4th Quarter
- LONDON (Alliance News) - Minds + Machines Group Ltd on Tuesday said it experienced significant billings growth during 2015 as it moves into 2016 with hopes of achieving "operational profitability".The owner and operator of Internet domains said standard name billings totalled USD2.7 million in the last quarter of 2015, rising from only USD940,000 in the third quarter, while premium name billings soared quarter-on-quarter to USD1.5 million from USD480,000."During the fourth quarter of 2015, the company ... read more ...
Revised New gTLD Program Implementation Review Report Now Available – ag-IP
Home / Revised New gTLD Program Implementation Review Report Now Available /
LOS ANGELES - ICANN announced the publication of the revised Program Implementation Review report, a self-assessment of New gTLD Program processes. According to ICANN, the report of public comments [PDF, 788 KB], which includes a summary and analysis of the comments received regarding the draft report, has also been published.
The Program Implementation Review ... read more ...
Minds + Machines Group Expands Into Chinese Market
Minds + Machines Group Limited (LSE:MMX), the publicly quoted owner and operator of Internet top-level domains has announced its expansion into the Chinese market with the appointment of the highly respected registry service company, ZDNS (互联网域名系统北京市工程研究中心有限公司), as its local infrastructure partner. The Company has also appointed Allegravita LLC, a leading strategic marketing company focused on introducing registry businesses into China, to advise the ... read more ...
1&1 annuncia il nuovo dominio di primo livello .FAMILY
11 Internet è annuncia la disponibilità del nuovo dominio di primo livello .FAMILY.
L’azienda ha compreso l’importanza dei nuovi domini fin dal novembre 2013, quando ha iniziato appunto a introdurre interessanti estensioni di dominio generiche (i nuovi gTLD). Ciò ha reso possibili infinite combinazioni per creare nomi di dominio completamente personalizzati e quindi siti ancora più efficaci per moltissime categorie di utenti.
Grazie alle nuove estensioni è possibile, infatti, trovare ... read more ...
Results Available for 27 January 2016 New gTLD Program Auction – ag-IP
- LOS ANGELES - On 27 January 2016, Power Auctions LLC, ICANN's authorized auction service provider, conducted a New gTLD Program Auction to resolve string contention for one new generic top-level domain (gTLD) contention set: .SHOP. This set was previously identified as an indirect contention set consisting of both the .SHOP and .SHOPPING strings.
ICANN stated that the applicants for .SHOPPING have resolved their contention amongst themselves, eliminating the linkage between .SHOP and .SHOPPING. ... read more ...
Mercato dei domini: trend del 2015 e previsioni per il nuovo anno
- Il portale DN Journal ha pubblicato recentemente un corposo articolo dedicato ai principali trend che hanno interessato il mercato dei domini nel 2015, oltre a riportare come di consueto delle previsioni per il nuovo anno. Di seguito, vista anche l’estensione ragguardevole dell’analisi, vi proporremo un riepilogo di quanto reso noto dalla fonte della news odierna.L’importanza del mercato cineseTutti gli esperti interpellati dal portale concordano su un fatto: tra gli eventi principali ... read more ...
New gTLD ‘.shop’ Sells for 41.5 Million at Auction, Highest Sale to Date
GMO Registry, Inc, a Japanese domain name registry business, has won the rights to a single new top-level domain, .shop, for $41.5 million. Google and Amazon where among contenders bidding for the TLD however only two bidders, GMO and an unidentified rival, were prepared to pay over $15 million, reports Kevin Murphy in Domain Incite. GMO says .shop will be an open, unrestricted namespace however the company is forbidding speculation and trading of domains under the TLD. "Registration of ... read more ...
AlpNames overtakes GoDaddy and passes the magic million – Virtual
AlpNames now has more than 1 million domain names under management and becomes the second largest new gTLD registrar on the planet.Monday 18th January 2016, Gibraltar: According to ntldstats.com, AlpNames (a leading domain name registrar with a special focus on new style domain extensions) has just overtaken GoDaddy in terms of the number of new gTLD domain names under management.“GoDaddy is by far the world’s largest and most well-known domain registrar,” said Damon Barnard, Chief Operations ... read more ...
New TLD .Feedback Arrived Today with Unique Features Designed by a Familiar Industry Face
many view new gTLDs as being
competitors to the long established .com,
Westerdal said that because of its unique
characteristics, that is not the
case with .feedback . "New
registries use phrases such ... read more ...
Now anyone can be a ‘.pro’
The ‘.pro’ general top-level domain (gTLD), creatively marketed in 2002 for only a handful of professions in a few name countries and latterly limited to approved professionals in any margin worldwide, was non-stop adult to all registrants on Nov 16 2015. This pierce follows a merger of a ‘.pro’ registry by Afilias in 2012 and a successive expostulate to raise…