CSC’s China Country Manager Speaks About The Adoption Of New gTLDs. (Video)
13 February, 2016
CSC Digital Brand Services’ country manager for Greater China, Alban Kwan, spoke with Conventus Law about ICANN’s New gTLD Program—specifically what’s driving their adoption, how using new gTLDs affects search engine optimization (SEO), and how they will compare with country code domains. The interview is available in three concise video briefs.
For the video What seem to be the greatest factors influencing the growth of New gTLDs, please click here.
Alban ... read more ...
.XYZ Says They Just "Blew Past" 2 Million Domain Registrations
Daniel Negari the CEO of the .XYZ registry just sent me over a note that the new gTLD .XYZ has “blew past 2 Million domain name registrations”.
According to ntldstats.com .XYZ was sitting at 1,967,963 domain registrations as of the last zone update, however there has been a huge surge in 6 number .XYZ domain names from China (NNNNNN.xyz) (also known as 6N domains) of over 100,000 domain registrations.
According to XYZ 27% of all 6N domain name combinations are now registered.
100% of all possible ... read more ...
Domain name registration strategies in focus
- Corporate domain name management companies are often asked the question: “What does an optimal portfolio look like?” There is no single right answer to this question, as a domain name portfolio (like an investment portfolio) depends on a number of factors, such as appetite for risk, budget, ability to manage and creative thinking. Most organisations err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting their online identity; as a consequence, domain name portfolios have tended to grow rather ... read more ...
Domain name management strategies: integrating high-end recovery techniques
- Brand dilution, missed revenue, diverted online traffic and negative brand awareness are just a few examples of the significant damage that domain name infringement can have on your brand. In a world where more than 7.2 million domains have been registered using the new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) since the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) launched the programme in 2013, how can you effectively manage domain names and stay on top of all potential issues?
There ... read more ...
URS versus UDRP proceedings – choosing the right forum
- In 2013 the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) contracted with third-party service providers to adjudicate ‘clear and convincing’ cases of domain name abuse through the newly established Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) programme. Experiences with this new rights protection mechanism established for and applicable to all new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) have been mixed.
In 2015 the cases that shed particular light on the burden of proof associated ... read more ...
David Taylor, associé de Hogan Lovells Paris nommé membre du panel de l’ICANN
Hogan Lovells Paris a annoncé la nomination de David Taylor, associé du cabinet en tant que membre du panel de l'ICANN.
L'ICANN, l'autorité de régulation de l'Internet notamment des noms de domaine, vient de nommer deux membres en Europe sur son panel "Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice (CCT) Review Team", dont David Taylor associé de Hogan Lovells à Paris. Le deuxième membre est le Conseiller Principal responsable de la gouvernanceinternet et l'Internet Governance Task ... read more ...
GMO Registry Buys .Shop Top Level Domain for $41.5 Million
- The sale of the most-expensive reported new generic top level domain (gTLD) to date is now over with GMO Registry purchasing the rights to a single new .shop gTLD name for the record price of $41,501,000.
GMO Registry - a Japanese domain name company which runs a few Asian geographic gTLDs and works as a service provider for some dot-brands - was the last bidder standing in the auction. It defeated six other bidders, including Google and Amazon.com.
There were only two companies in the auction whose ... read more ...
There Is a New Digital Gold Rush Called gTLD’s Happening Right Now; Thanks to New Services from Leads.Plus … – Virtual
The face of the Web has changed forever, and most people have not even recognized that there is a new gold rush happening right under their fingertips with new gTLD's. The birth and discovery of this new virtual land for pioneers to claim for their own is in this new digital economy and is accessible, thanks to new big data technology provided by Leads.Plus.
(PRWEB) January 28, 2016 The face of the Internet has changed forever, and most people have not even recognized that there is a new gold ... read more ...
2015 Domain Year in Review
2015 was a challenging yet exciting year for brand owners. While new gTLDs continue to consume much of the news in the domain industry, there were other notable highlights. Global domain registrations reached nearly 300 million; ICANN had several initiatives in motion that were of particular concern to brand owners; and companies continued to face threats to their brand reputation, revenue and customer trust. Here's my top 5 domain highlights from 2015:
* * *
1. Strong Growth in Domain Market
Verisign ... read more ...
SEO et new gTLDs : où en sommes-nous ?
- Partager cet article :Depuis l’arrivée des nouvelles extensions, beaucoup d’interrogations restaient en suspens concernant la relation entre les new gTLDs et le référencement.Les interrogations et les suppositions émises jusqu’à maintenant se confirment. Dernièrement, Google a donné des informations rassurantes concernant l’alchimie entre new gTLD et SEO : les new gTLDs sont considérés au même titre que tous les autres TLDs génériques et ont le même poids au niveau du référencement.Mais ... read more ...
Reviewing New gTLD Program Safeguards Against DNS Abuse – ag-IP
Home / Reviewing New gTLD Program Safeguards Against DNS Abuse /
LOS ANGELES - ICANN is currently engaged in data collection on DNS abuse and mitigation efforts implemented as part of the New gTLD Program. Members of the community and general public are invited to join ICANN on 28 January 2016 in an open discussion on the topic. This work will help inform the efforts of the review team examining the effects of the Program on Competition, ... read more ...
AlpNames Now the Second Largest Providers of gTLDs in the World
- AlpNames Limited, a worldwide domain registrar, recently became the second largest provider of the new gTLDs in the world. The company was established in 2013 and headquartered on the island of Gibraltar. They also provide SSL certificates, email and web hosting.The company has created a domain portfolio of about one million new gTLDs, which puts it above GoDaddy as the second largest in the world.Read the full story here. ... read more ...
Donuts Launches .WINE and .VIN Internet Domains
<!-- Paragraph before: BELLEVUE, Wash., Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --Wineries, vintners, retailers, and wine aficionados have two new homes on the Internet as Donuts Inc., the largest registry for new "not-com" domain names (known in the industry as generic top-level domains, or gTLDs), today announced that the .WINE and .VIN gTLDs will be available for general ... read more ...
Domain experts on the slow start for new gTLDS, and what may turn the tide
Opening this year’s Com Laude Domain Conference, managing director Nick Wood acknowledged that “it has been a slow start” for the ongoing expansion of the new gTLDs program. Noting that, as of January 8, there were just over 11.5 million gTLD domain registrations (compared to 290 million across legacy domains) he pointed out that ... read more ...
Calendrier des gTLDs – Semaine du 18 au 24 janvier 2016
- Partager cet article :Début période Sunrise :19/01 – .petFin période Sunrise :19/01 – .protection19/01 – .security19/01 – .theatre Début période EAP :20/01 – .protection20/01 – .security20/01 – .theatre20/01 – .wine20/01 – .vinFin période EAP : 18/01 – .feedback20/01 – .auto20/01 – .car20/01 – .cars Ouverture à tous :18/01 – .feedback19/01 – .corsica20/01 – .auto20/01 – .car20/01 – .carsSafeBrands, en sa qualité de registrar accrédité pour toutes ... read more ...
Baby, you can drive my ‘.car’ (for $3000)
December 2015 saw a launch of 3 general top-level domains (gTLDs), all focused on a vehicle industry. However, a launch of ‘.car’, ‘.cars’ and ‘.auto’ are doubtful to expostulate adult domain name registration volumes due to a really high registration fees being charged by Cars Registry Limited, a corner try that is a registry user for all…
gTLDs or generic top-level domains
The doing theatre of a calm strategy. Examples of calm growth includes a origination of website pages, a print gallery or an read more:
WEBINAR: WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System Phase 2 Report – ag-IP
Home / WEBINAR: WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System Phase 2 Report /
LOS ANGELES - ICANN published the WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System (ARS) Phase 2 report on 23 December 2015. This webinar, scheduled for 12 January 2016, will focus on the findings of the report and its implications for the community.
Participants will learn about the results of the Phase 2 study, which acts as a follow-on to the Phase 1 report [PDF, 1.4 MB] published ... read more ...
How .MUSIC Will Go Mainstream and Benefit ICANN’s New gTLD Program
Since the launch of the New gTLD Program in 2012, it has become evident that new gTLD registries overestimated the demand for new Top-Level Domain name extensions. Furthermore, new gTLD registries did not anticipate the hurdles in raising awareness, not to mention creating adoption for new domains. Even the most pessimistic New gTLD Program critic did not expect such uninspiring results. It was a wake up call for many in the domain industry. The New gTLD Program currently lacks credibility. ... read more ...
gTLD Sunrise periods now open – December 2015
- As first reported in our December 2013 newsletter, the first new generic top-level domains (gTLDs, the group of letters after the "dot" in a domain name) have launched their "Sunrise" registration periods. Please contact us or see our December 2013 newsletter for information as to what the Sunrise Period is, and how to become eligible to register a domain name under one of the new gTLDs during this period. As of the date of this newsletter, Sunrise periods are open for the following new gTLDs:
.xn--tckwe ... read more ...
The Uniform Rapid Suspension System – ICANN’s fast-track domain name …
- ICANN’s Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) seeks to offer trademark holders a quick and cost-effective way of tackling infringing domain names. The URS is designed to sit alongside the existing Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (UDRP) system, as a quicker, cheaper alternative to the UDRP. However, the high burden of proof in the URS and the limited extent of its jurisdiction mean that the UDRP will continue to be the appropriate forum in many cases.
The expansion of gTLDs and the risk to ... read more ...
Plummeters of Yesterday – Rightside Group Ltd (NAME), CYS Investments Inc …
Wall Street dropped on Wednesday as Brent crude slid towards 11-year lows and Apple weighed on the SP 500 index, which clung to a meager gain for 2015.
Heading into Wednesday’s session, the SP 500 was up 19.46 points (0.95%) on the year. The Dow was down 102.09 points (0.57%) on the year. The Nasdaq NDAQ -0.61% Composite is up 7.85%, or 371.88 points. The Nasdaq is benefiting from its exposure to tech names like ... read more ...
VeriSign’s Revenues Rose 4.3% Year-over-Year in 3Q15
VeriSign’s Revenues Rose 4.3% Year-over-Year in 3Q15
VeriSign’s revenues increased 4.7% in fiscal 2014
VeriSign (VRSN) revenues increased from $772 million in fiscal 2011 to $874 million in fiscal 2012 and $965 million in fiscal 2013. Revenues further increased 4.7% YoY (year-over-year) in fiscal 2014 to $1.0 billion.
Revenues increased by 13.2% and 10.4% YoY in fiscal 2012 and 2013, respectively. On a quarterly basis, revenues increased 4.5% from $244 million in 3Q13 to $255 ... read more ...
How Will New gTLDs Impact VeriSign?
How Will New gTLDs Impact VeriSign?
Companies vary in use of new gTLDs
Since January 2012, ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) started accepting new gTLDs (generic top-level domains) other than the more prominent ones such as .com, .net, .org, and 295 country-specific extensions such as .in, .sg, and others. The new gTLDs are expected to make website search more relevant and useful. The major players in this segment include VeriSign (VRSN), GoDaddy (GDDY), ... read more ...