Marchex's Archeo Revenue $14.5M In 2014; Horowitz Steps Down As CEO; Pete Christothoulou Takes Over
- Marchex (MCHX) reported its earnings for the 4th Quarter and the full year of 2014, after the market closed today and also announced that Russell Horowitz who has been the CEO of the company for the last 12 years is stepping down as CEO but will remain on the board.
Marchex co-founder Pete Christothoulou was named CEO.
The company also announced that former Market Leader CEO Ian Morris has joined the board.
In 2014 Marchex’s Archeo division had revenue of $14.5 million including domain gains ... read more ...
Report: Web.com Largest Shareholder Could Be Activist & Shake Up The Board
- According to TheFly.com FBR Capital says Okumus Fund Management, Web.com’s (WWWW) largest shareholder, could potentially take a more activist stance going forward.
“FBR added that it would not be surprised if announcements were made soon, potentially including a change in the board composition, a review of the company’s operations, accelerating share buyback activity, or the exploration of strategic alternatives.
FBR Co. (Nasdaq:FBRC) provides investment banking, merger and acquisition advisory, ... read more ...
Backend Provider Open Registry Acquired For Up To $22.6 Million
Michael Berkens, Esq. is a owner and Editor-in-Chief of TheDomains.com. Michael is also a co-founder of Worldwide Media Inc. that sole around 70K domain to Godaddy.com in Dec 2015 and now owns around 5K domain names . Michael is also a Director of RightoftheDot.com that is a consultant in a new gTLD space and a attorney of super reward domains. Michael was also one of a 5 Judges comparison for a a Verisign 30th Anniversary .Com competition this year.
Yikes: Rightside Falls Below $7 A Shares Hitting Another All Time Low: Down 30%+ In 6 Weeks
- Shares of Rightside (NAME) which we actually own some of have been falling like a rock.
Today shares fell below $7 which I guess stock market guys might call a support level, hitting an intraday all time low of $6.73.
Shares have recovered slightly and are trading as of publication at $6.83.
Volume is like yesterday, when the shares hit that $7 a share number, before closing at $7.10 trading just over 80,000 shares with less than 1 1/2 hours left in the trading session which is below the 3 month ... read more ...
Tucows Looking to buy adult to $8million value of shares in mutated Dutch Auction
- Tucows Commences Dutch Tender Offer
Under the Tender Offer, shareholders will have the opportunity to tender some or all of their shares at a price within the range of $16.50 to $18.50 per share. Based on the number of shares tendered and the prices specified by the tendering shareholders, Tucows will determine the lowest per share price within the range that will enable it to buy up to $8.0 million worth of shares, or such lesser number of shares that are properly tendered. Assuming that the offer ... read more ...
Rightside (NAME) Is Up 20% In After Hours Trading
- After its first earnings report as a public company, Rightside (NAME) is up about 20% in after hours trading.
Rightside is currently trading at $11.26 up $1.85 from its closing price of $9.41
Rightside has a 52 week low is $8.96 and its 52 week high of $17 but just started trading on August 1st 2014.
Here are the highlights:
Rightside reported 16 Million domains under management through its registrars.
Over all Rightside’s registrars are experiencing a 75.2% renewal rate overall.
The new gTLD gave ... read more ...
Rightside’s 1st Earnings Report: Revenue Up 15%: Makes $8.6 Million By Losing gTLD Apps
- Rightside Group, Ltd. (NAME) announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014.
Rightside is the company that was spun off from Demand Media, Inc, (DMD) which owns the domain name registrars Enom.com and Name.com, and owns a bunch of new gTLD’s and is the backend provider for Donuts which just passed one million domain name registrations
This is Rightside first earnings as a separate public company.
Here are the highlights:
Domain name services revenue for the three ... read more ...
Will Web.com Hurt Godaddy’s IPO?
- Web.com in reporting its earnings earlier today had a few comments on its earnings call that should be of concern to all domain name regisrtrars:
CEO David L. Brown noted “the increased availability of [domain] names has had a near-term negative impact on domain-related revenue,” primarily related to “non-core domain-related revenue such as sales of premium domain names and bulk domain sales.”
Non-domain businesses (do-it-yourself websites, hosting, etc.) have been hurt by the “unintended ... read more ...
Web.com Is Down Over 22% & Hits a 52 Week Low After Earning Report
- Shares Of Web.com (WWWW) hit a 52 week low of $14.89 today after reporting its earnings which missed expectations.
The company reported a loss of $3.4 million, or 7 cents a share. Adjusted earnings came to 66 cents a share. Revenue totaled $137.4 million.
The consensus estimate called for adjusted earnings of 63 cents a share on revenue of $147.42 million.
More than 2.4 million shares had changed hands as of 10:51 a.m., compared to the average volume of 678,903.
Shares are currently trading at ... read more ...
Marchex Reports & Sells $1.6 Million In Domain Names
- Marchex, Inc. (MCHX), announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014.
Archeo its domain name division sold $1.6 Million dollars during the quarter.
Q3 2014 Financial Highlights1
GAAP revenue was $49.2 million for the third quarter of 2014, compared to $40.6 million for the third quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP revenue, which excludes domain sales recorded in revenue, was $47.6 million for the third quarter of 2014.
GAAP net loss from continuing operations was $21.8 million ... read more ...
Afilias: Joins Minds + Machines & Centralnic To London AIM Exchange To Raise $100 Million
- Afilias today announces its intention to apply for admission of its issued and to be issued Ordinary Shares to trading on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange (“Admission”) to raise $100 Million dollars.
“The $100 million will be used to:
· Acquire contested nTLDs in the upcoming auctions;
· Fund attractive acquisition opportunities including existing TLD assets and operating businesses in the Registry Operator and Registry Service Provider areas; and
· ... read more ...
Fred Krueger Exercises Option To Acquire 5 Million Shares Of Minds + Machines For 4p
- Minds + Machines Group Limited (AIM:MMX), announced today, that Frederick Krueger, a director of the Company, has today exercised options to subscribe for 5,000,000 new Ordinary Shares at a price of 4p per new Ordinary Share.
Shares of Minds + Machines closed in trading today at 9.63p, having a 52 week high of 19.38p and a 52-week Low of 5.38p.
Frederick Krueger held options to subscribe for 5,000,000 new Ordinary Shares which, if not exercised, would otherwise have expired on November 13, 2014 and ... read more ...
When It Comes To Rightside, One Seeking Alpha Author Believes The Market Doesn’t Realize How Useful GLTDs Are And How Adoption Affects Earnings
After quitting low quality ad service the company is bleeding cash with razor thin margins on its current business.
GTLDs represent a major shift in the way domains are used on the Internet.
The company bought the right to function as a registry for 33 unique gTLDs which is a major difference from its registrar business.
Revenue per gLTD domain sold is between $20-$30 instead of $1 for a traditional TLD.
Because of the tremendous operating leverage within the business model a major % of ... read more ...
Google Reports: Revenue adult 20%; Pay Per Click Up 17%; Cost Per Click Down 2%: $63 Billion In The Bank
- Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG, GOOGL) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2014 after the market closed today, missing slightly from what was expected send the shares down over 2% in after hours trading
Google Inc. revenues for the quarter ended September 30, 2014 were $16.52 billion, representing a 20% increase over third quarter of 2013 revenues of $13.75 billion.GAAP operating income in the third quarter of 2014 was $3.72 billion, or 23% of revenues. This compares ... read more ...
Minds + Machines Reports: Sales Increase 4,114%; Revenue 255%; Shares Are Up 9.5%
Minds + Machines Group Limited (AIM:MMX) issued its financial report for the six months ending June 30, 2014 today.
Total sales increased 4,114% to £295,000 against £7,000 for the same period in 2013; Operating profit was up 255% at £2.92 million against a 2013 loss of £1.88million, and wound up with £20 Million in the bank as of June 30th up from £9 Million as of the end of December 31st, 2013
You can read the full report here.
... read more ...
SeekingAlpha: Even After Its Stock Dropped 45% Last Week Marchex Is Still Overvalued
- SeekingAlpha.com just covered Marchex and noted even though shares were down 45% last week and is down over 66% since July since July its still overvalued.
The post was written by Ariana Research:
“On September 18th, 2014, Marchex Inc. (NASDAQ:MCHX) (“Marchex”, “MCHX”, or the “Company”) released an 8K, which subsequently resulted in a decline in the equity value of ~45% for the day, or ~66% since the short was originally recommended this past July. Although the business is most likely ... read more ...
Rightside Names Board Of Directors
- Rightside Group, Ltd., (NAME) today announced through a press release the members of its board of directors and executive management team following the completion of Rightside’s spin-off from Demand Media, Inc.® on August 1, 2014. I
Rightside Board of Directors
Rightside’s board is composed of three independent members and two non-independent members. The board is structured with three standing board committees (an audit committee, a compensation committee, and a nominating and corporate governance ... read more ...
Network Solutions Parent Web.com Down 25 % Today & Close To 40% From June
- Web.com (WWWW) is down big today after missing their revenue numbers for the second quarter.
As of publication with about 40 minutes of trading left, Shares of Web.com are trading at $20 even down 6.55 after hitting an intraday, 52 week low of $19.37.
Web.com acquired Snapnames back in May, and they own two of the top ten domain registrars Register.com and Network Solutions.
The stock was $34.60 back in June when Google announced they would be getting into the business of selling domains. The ... read more ...
As Rightside (futures) Starts Trading Its Market Cap Is 260M Of Demand’s $465M
Rightside, the spin off of Demand Media which begins formal trading on August 1, started to trade on Friday on a pre-issue basis on the symbol NAMEV.
Although shares are lightly traded the price is $14.30 which is up from an opening of $14 a share.
Interestingly the market cap of Rightside as its trading under NAMEV is $260 Million.
Demand Media, Inc. is trading today at $5.12 a share with a total market cap including Rightside of $465 Million.
Meaning that if the valuations ... read more ...
Minds + Machines Issues 350K Shares To Employee during 9P Stock trade At 11.50P
- According to a regulatory filing, Minds + Machines Group Limited (AIM:MMX), the publicly quoted owner and operator of Internet top-level domains, announces that it has issued 350,000 new Ordinary Shares following exercise by an employee of 350,000 share options at an exercise price of 9p per share.
The new Ordinary Shares will rank pari passu with the existing Ordinary Shares and application will be made for the new Ordinary Shares to be admitted to trading on AIM which is expected to occur on or ... read more ...
Yahoo’s Share of Search Is Under 10% For 1st Time Ever & All Time Low
- SearchEngineLand.com, is reporting that Yahoo’s share of search traffic has fallen below 10% for the first time and marks an all time low.
“”Yahoo’s share has now fallen below 10 percent.
“This is an “all-time low.”
The combined Yahoo-Bing “search alliance” share remains flat at 29%:
Bing growth has almost entirely been at Yahoo’s expense.
Here are the figures for June:
According to the post, these figures do NOT include mobile ... read more ...
Yahoo Reports: Paid Clicks Up 3%; Price Per Click Up 15% But Display Ads Are Down
- Yahoo! Inc.(NASDAQ: YHOO) today reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 after the market closed and missed on earning as revenues declined on display advertising.
Earning were $270 million, or 26 cents per share, in the 2nd Quarter, down from $331 million, or 30 cents per share, in the same period a year earlier.
Revenue fell 4% to $1.08 billion from $1.14 billion. After subtracting commissions paid to Yahoo’s ad partners, revenue totaled $1.04 million, down 3% from $1.07 billion ... read more ...
Largest Russian Search Engine Yandex Preparing To Launch .Yandex
- According to a press release out today Russia’s largest search engine, Yandex (NASDAQ: YNDX) announced it will be launching its new Brand gTLD .Yandex shortly on a closed basis except for trademark holders.
“The ICANN has really approved the creation of a .Yandex domain zone, we are preparing to launch it. We are not ready to mention the exact date of the zone’s launch for the users,” the spokesperson said.
“We do not plan to open a paid registry in the .yandex,” the spokesperson said, ... read more ...
SeekingAlpha Issues Brutal Opinion On Demand Media/Rightside: “Titanic Will Hit The Iceberg”
- SeekingAlpha.com published what can only be described as a brutal assessment on shares of Demand Media, Inc last yesterday after Demand said it would spin off its Rightside division into a separate public company on August 1st as well as on Rightside.
The post entitled; Demand Media: Titanic Will Hit The Iceberg
Here is are the conclusions from the article:
“eHow.com and Livestrong.com continue to decline in page views and will have lower EBITDA in Q2 2014.
Rightside reported negative EBITDA in ... read more ...
Verisign Downgraded By Wells Fargo: Growth Is Slowing Due To New gTLD’s & Could Get Worse
- TheStreet.com is reporting that Wells Fargo analyst Gray Powell downgraded Verisign (VRSN) today writing:
VeriSign’s domain name growth appears to be falling a bit lower than the midpoint of second quarter expectations and competition from new gTLDs could be influencing overall growth to some degree.
“The company is tracking toward about 400K domain name additions in the upcoming quarter, which is lower than the 550K guidance midpoint, said the analyst, citing ICANN zone files.”
“The analyst ... read more ...