LeBoeuf Corporation Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on Leboeuf.com
- LeBoeuf Corporation (“Complainant”), represented by Jeffrey M. Rosenfeld of KRONENBERGER ROSENFELD, LLP, California, USA, has just been found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain Leboeuf.com
“”The three member panel of the Honorable Karl V. Fink (Ret.) (Chair), David J. Steele Esq., and The Hon Neil Anthony Brown QC found that the domain name was generic as the term “le boeuf” is French for “the beef” or “the ox”; found that the complainant had no registered trademark, ... read more ...
Carman's Fine Foods is a retreat domain name hijacker
- Australian company nailed for abusing cybersquatting dispute policy proceedings.
An Australian seller of cereals and granola has been found to have engaged in reverse domain name hijacking in a .au Dispute Resolution Policy dispute.
Carman’s Fine Foods went after the owner of Carmans.com.au, whose name is Ross Wayne Carman.
Mr. Carmen used the domain name for one of his businesses.
The complainant made some silly arguments, including:
The Respondent’s surname is distinct from his former business ... read more ...
1st Reverse Domain Hijacking Finding of The Year & Bretzel Ditsch GmbH Of Germany is Guilty
- Bretzel Ditsch GmbH from Mainz, Germany, represented by Horak Attorneys, Germany was found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain name Ditsch.com which was registered on June 28, 1998.
To the best of our knowledge this is the first RDNH finding of 2016 (although the decision was entered on December 24th but just published by WIPO today)
At some point the Bretzel Ditsch was offered the domain name for EUR 10,000 but they declined and started this UDRP.
The original decision was written ... read more ...
Owner of NewForests.com.au Found Guilty Of Reverse Domain Hijacking on 16 Yr Old .Com
- New Forests Asset Management Pty Limited of North Sydney, Australia, represented by Clayton Utz Solicitors, Australia was just found guilty of reverse domain name hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name newforests.com after offering just $4,000 to by the domain
The company owns the domain name newforests.com.au which was registered in June 2006
The domain name NewForests.com was registered back on January 28, 1999
The three member panel of Luca Barbero, David Stone and Tony Willoughby found Reverse Domain ... read more ...
Reverse Domain Hijacking Found On 21 Year Old TPP.com Owned by Thomson Reuters
- A three member UDRP panel found that “The Preferred Prepaid, Inc. d/b/a TPP represented by Clifford D. Hyra, of Virginia, engaged in Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) in attempting to grab the three letter domain name TPP.com which was registered in 1994 by Thomson Reuters.
The three member panel of The Honourable Neil Anthony Brown QC, Clive Elliott, QC and Darryl C. Wilson found the facts of this case “present overwhelming evidence that Complainant has engaged in reverse domain name hijacking”.
Here ... read more ...
Foundation Fitness Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on Stages.com
- Foundation Fitness LLC of Portland, Oregon, United States of America (“US”) represented by Dorsey Whitney, LLP, US was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain name Stages.com
The domain holder was represented by ESQwire.com
The three member panel of John Swinson, Timothy Casey and The Honorable Neil Brown Q.C. really hit the COmplaintnants hard on all fronts.
The domain owner could have hoped for a better decision
Great job by the folks at ESQwire.com
Here are the highlights:
The ... read more ...
ipaymentinc.com Found Guilt Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on A domain it used to possess iPayments.com
- In what is a great case for al domain name holders iPayment, Inc. of Westlake Village, California, represented by Waller Lansden Dortch Davis, LLP, just got found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name ipayments.com
The company who brought the complaint used to own the domain name and let the registration lapse which the three member panel found to be “inexcusable”:
“The Complainant did previously register the disputed domain name, and was not prevented from doing ... read more ...
Owners of emazing.nl Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking On emazing.com
- Emazing B.V. of Baarn, Netherlands which owns and operate the website emazing.nl, represented by Van der Goen advocaten B.V., Netherlands has just been found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name emazing.com
The company that owns emazing.nl was first incorporated in 2000 the domain name emazing.com was transferred several times since its original registration in 2007
Here are the highlights of the one member panel of Matthew S. Harris:
The Complainant is a company founded ... read more ...
Emazing.nl nailed for Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Web design firm in Netherlands is a reverse domain name hijacker.
Web design firm Emazing B.V., which uses the domain name Emazing.nl, has been found to have engaged in reverse domain name hijacking over the domain name Emazing.com.
Amazingly, Emazing’s lawyers seem to have really shot themselves in the foot: they submitted a supplemental filing that was key to the RDNH finding.
The owner of Emazing.com registered the domain name before the complainant had a trademark for Emazing. But Emazing.com ... read more ...
Sweet Art Company LLC Guilty of Reverse Domain Hijacking on Domain Registered in 1998
- Sweet Art Company LLC represented by Christopher M. DeBacker of Law Office of Mark Brown, LLC, Kansas was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain sweetartinc.com which was registered in 1998. Sweet Art got a trademark in 2009.
The one member panel of David E. Sorkin found:
“In this case, it should have been obvious to Complainant that it could not prove that the disputed domain name was registered in bad faith. Even the allegations of bad faith in the Complaint relate ... read more ...
Neuron SA of Paris Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking On 19 Yr Old Neurones.com
- Luc Chammard of Nanterre, France, and the company Neuron SA of Paris, France, represented by Mr. Cohen, Lawyer, France was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name Neurones.com in a decision handed down by a three member WIPO UDRP panel
The domain holder was represented by UDRP POLICE DBS, United Kingdom
The three member panel consisted of Philippe Gilliéron, Richard G. Lyons and Christiane Feral-Schuhl.
It should be noted that the decision was published in ... read more ...
Owner of e-renter.com Found Guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on erenter.com
- E-Renter USA Ltd. of Bellingham, Washington, represented by Brownlie Evans Wolf Lee, LLP, was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name erenter.com which is owned by Vertical Axis Inc.and was represented by ESQwire.com
The three member UDRP panel of Nicholas Smith, Debra J. Stanek and The Hon Neil Brown Q.C. found that since the domain name registrations are first come, first served and this erenter.com was registered in 2003 and the corporation that owns e-renter.com ... read more ...
Makers Of YPlan App Found Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Highjacking on 14 Year Old Yplan.com
- YPlan, Inc. (“Complainant”), represented by Eugene Rome of Rome Associates, A.P.C., of California, was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name yplan.com by a one member UDRP panel of Antonina Pakharenko-Anderson
Talk about a slam dunk case.
The Complainant which says its the “creator of the well-known and famous application based or mobile app based service called YPLAN”, alleged its rights in the YPLAN mark date back to 2012 based on the registration ... read more ...
Playa Games, Maker of Online SFGame Played By 40M: Found Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Playa Games GmbH which is the creator and operator of an online game called “Shakes Fidget” which it says is known as “SFGAME” was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain name SFGame.com
The decision was handed down by the one member UDRP panel of Alistair Payne.
The UDRP was decided by the On-line ADR Center of the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC).
The domain holder is CBS Interactive a subsidiary of CBS Corporation, which owns 250 domain names that include the term ... read more ...
UDRP Panel Finds Laches & Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on CanDoCanines.org
- Alan M. Peters / Can Do Canines represented by Paul Schwarzkopf, Minnesota, has been found Guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain name CanDoCanines.org
The domain holder, Marilyn Mathis was represented by Steven L. Rinehart, of Utah
The Complainant admitted that the domain name was not registered in bad faith but argued was held in bad faith which of course would have doomed his complaint.
However the one member panel of Nathalie Dreyfus found the Complainant who just registered their ... read more ...
Co. Found Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on Mango.UK; Owns New gTLD .Mango
Michael Berkens, Esq. is a owner and Editor-in-Chief of TheDomains.com. Michael is also a co-founder of Worldwide Media Inc. that sole around 70K domain to Godaddy.com in Dec 2015 and now owns around 5K domain names . Michael is also a Director of RightoftheDot.com that is a consultant in a new gTLD space and a attorney of super reward domains. Michael was also one of a 5 Judges comparison for a a Verisign 30th Anniversary .Com competition this year.
Beautiful People Magazine Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking On BeautifulPeople.com
- Beautiful People Magazine, Inc. has just been found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH)
The Magazine filed a UDRP on five domain names:
The three member panel of Jeffrey M. Samuels Esq., Jonathan Hudis Esq. and Alan L. Limbury Esq. found the Complainant knew it could not prove bad faith registration of the domain names beautifulpeople.net and beautifulpeople.com, and knew of the ... read more ...
One Member UDRP Panel Finds Reverse Domain Name Hijacking On GreatRun.com
- Nova Holdings Limited, Nova International Limited, and G.R. Events Limited, of Newcastle upon Tyne, of the UK represented by Bond Dickinson LLP, the United Kingdom (the “Complainants”) was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain name GreatRun.com
On the issue of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking the one member panel of Gabriela Kennedy found
“the evidence presented by the parties demonstrates conclusively that the Disputed Domain Name could not have been registered in bad ... read more ...
Organizer of "Great Run" events intent in retreat domain name hijacking
- Panel finds that group brought was attempting to reverse domain name hijack GreatRun.com.
Nova International Limited, the company that organizes the Great Run series of events, has been found to have engaged in reverse domain name hijacking in a UDRP for GreatRun.com.
The complainants use the domain name GreatRun.org, which it registered in 2002.
Panelist Gabriela Kennedy gave three reasons she believes Nova International brought its case in abuse of the policy:
1. It likely chose a .org domain ... read more ...
Panel Makes Reverse Domain Name Hijacking Finding Without Domain Holder Asking For It
- NH Resources LLC and Vaughn Crowe of Southlake, Texas, were just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name no-heat.net, despite the fact that the domain holder didn’t even ask the panel to make a RDNH finding.
The three member panel of John Swinson, Gaynell Methvin and David H. Bernstein rejected the Complainants claim of a common law trade mark rights in no-heat.com. The Complainants registered the domain name on October 21, 2004.
The domain holder registered the ... read more ...
Efzed Pty Ltd. & Simulate Pty Ltd. Of Australia Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Efzed Pty Ltd. of North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (“Efzed”), Simulate Pty Ltd. of North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (“Simulate”), and Mr. Frank Zimmermann of Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia (“Zimmerman”), were just all found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking on the domain airlineonline.com.
The domain is owned by AviaDesign Ky, Sami Puro of Vantaa, of Finland, and was represented by UDRP POLICE DBS, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Complainants hold ... read more ...
Best Reverse Domain Hijacking UDRP Decision Of 2015: SpeedTest.Org: This Is What We Are Talking About
- A three member National Arbitration Forum UDRP panel has finally done like Spike Lee long suggested, do the right thing and called out an attempted theft of a domain name for just what it is, in the case of SpeedTest.org
Scene LLC, d/b/a Ookla represented by Jeff Nelson of Miller Nash Graham Dunn LLP, of Washington, USA have just been found to be guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) in the case of Speedtest.org
The domain holder, Innovation HQ, Inc. was represented by Zak Muscovitch ... read more ...
Guilty Of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking Without Filing A Response: Judgmentfree.com
- PFIP, LLC (“Complainant”), represented by Teresa C. Tucker of Grossman, Tucker, Perreault Pfleger PLLC, New Hampshire, has been found guilty of Reverse Domain Name hijacking in a UDRP decision on the domain name judgmentfree.com
The one member panel of David E. Sorkin found RDNH even though the domain holder didn’t even file a response and therefore didn’t even ask for a RDNH finding.
Here are the relevant facts and findings:
“PFIP uses various marks in connection with this business, including ... read more ...
Esqwire.com Gets Another Reverse Domain Name Hijacking Ruling: CountryGirl.com
- LML Investments LLC (LML) represented by Jeremiah A. Pastrick of Continental Enterprises, Indiana was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name CountryGirl.com
The domain holder P.A. Gordon represented by Ari Goldberger of Esqwire.com, New Jersey, USA.
The three member panel of Paul M. DeCicco, Esq., The Honourable Neil Anthony Brown, QC, James A. Carmody, Esq found that LML which had a trademark since 2008 attempt to grab the domain name that was registered 7 years ... read more ...
Globeway LLC Guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking
- Globeway LLC of West Virgina was just found guilty of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) on the domain name Globleway.com
The domain is owned by Vertical Axis Inc. who was represented by Ari Goldberger and Jason Schaeffer of Esqwire.com
The three member panel of Nathalie Dreyfus, G. Gervaise Davis and The Honorable Neil Anthony Brown rejected Globeway argument that they had common law rights to the term Globeway which they claimed they established earlier this year.
The company was just incorporated ... read more ...